Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Coaching from Mother Nature

For some reason it seems I get placed with a friendly voice, not human, asking me my choices when making business calls. None which they offer, I might add. It's frustrating.


Coaching from Mother Nature


I step outside into early hour darkness

to hang the bird feeder. All but the brightest 

constellations have fled.


Later, new stars: finches and chickadees

flit like sunshine through the leaves, sing

on sunflower seeds. 


Bigger birds and pointed beaks attack the food

next: jays, woodpeckers, and pocket-size

nut hatches.


Some of the meeker warblers defer to the bullies,

ceding their dignity at the swaying container,

but the more daring dart.


A threat of blood from a sharp poke for them.

A lesson for me in not surrendering as I cope

with canned calls found in "customer service."




Marilyn Aschoff Mellor

  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Coaching from Mother Nature

For some reason it seems I get placed with a friendly voice, not human, asking me my choices when making business calls. None which they off...