Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Vaccination Hesitation

With the hubbub over Covid and now monkeypox it is easy to lose sight of viruses that are already part of our world until they hit home.


Vaccination Hesitation


What nasty rash skirted my eye?


The fates against falling ill had

favored me: no shingles shot marred

my schedule. But blotches now sullied


my visage and panicked my partner

to the clinic where we both tried to needle

the varicella virus from scoring again.


In the wake of my mistaken calculation,

I swear I heard an oddsmaker snicker,

and I swallowed days of misery.




Marilyn Aschoff Mellor


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

(In)significance

I was looking at the moon the other night and the thought came to me of how I take myself too seriously. In the grand scheme of things, it i...